|In July, 2010, the Museum was given a building at the Fairgrounds where the Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County Fair has been held since 1859. In that year, the first Gouverneur Agricultural and Mechanical Fair was initiated in by Charles Anthony. The first fair was held on September 14, 15, and 16 with 2,000 tickets sold at the gate and more than 200 family tickets sold.
Because of the hard work of the Museum Board and volunteers, Gouverneur and St. Lawrence County Fairgrounds will have a Gouverneur Museum Annex. The Annex building houses a very small part of the Museum's collection. It will be open when there is an event at the Fairgrounds. Once visitors to Fairground events visit the Annex, we hope they will be inspired to visit the Museum at 30 Church Street.