In 1911, Seaker was the Republican nominee to the NYS Assembly from St. Lawrence County District 1. He defeated Democrat Nathan T. Lovejoy. Seaker served in the Assembly until 1921 when he was succeeded by William A. Laidlaw, from Hammond. Rhoda Fox Graves succeeded Laidlaw.
In 1912, he formed a partnership with Elmer Curtis to be known as Seaker & Curtis Marble City Garage. The dealership was located where Cambray Court stands now. They carried Dodge, Hudson, Buick cars and Case tractors. In 1915, Frank Seaker ended his association with Curtis and formed one with Perle Atwell Graves which became the Seaker Graves Motor Company.
P.A. Graves, husband of Rhoda Fox Graves, was Frank Seaker's campaign manager and administrative clerk in Albany and the first cousin of Frank’s wife, Nora. Ground was broken for the new garage in December 1915 on the corner of West Main and Wall Street. Continuing as agents for Dodge, Hudson and Buick, Hudson was discontinued in 1918 and Dodge was discontinued in 1921. Chevrolet cars and trucks were added in 1922. Buick was dropped in 1933.
Frank and Nora's son, Raymond, became the partner of P.A. Graves upon the death of his father from influenza in 1931. Their daughter, Patience, graduated from St. Lawrence University and had a successful career as a History teacher. She was very active in the community and lived, until her death in 1986, in her parent's house at 80 Clinton Street.
Upon the death of his father, "PA" Graves, Marcus Graves became Raymond Seaker's partner. When Raymond died, in 1961, his children Hilliard and Norinne continued the Seaker-Graves partnership. This partnership continued until the death of Marcus in 1971, when Seaker Chevrolet, Inc. was established, Hilliard G. Seaker as President and majority stockholder and Norinne Seaker Dickson as Vice-President. In 1974, Frank G. Seaker, representing a fourth generation joined the firm.
Frank L. Seaker
Seaker-Graves Motor Company